3.11.2010

cut ahead three months...

... aaand here we are. It's been a while. I've finally settled into this Pittsburgh place and I'm starting to feel right at home. I've been waiting to come back to this blog until I was ready to come back for good. And here I am. Ready as I'll ever be. I'm hoping to blog at least 3 times per week. (new goal) I've been really busy working and planning lately. This week I'm going to apply to my first craft show of the year. I gave the blog and etsy shop a little face lift. I've begun to experiment with a new look for my product photography and I think I'm just about there. It feels good to peek my head out of the ground just in time for Spring. Doesn't it seem like Spring is the ACTUAL beginning of the new year? It sure feels that way to me. So let's just do a nice review of all the highlights from this crazy Winter that this little blog missed out on and then we will close that chapter and move on to the next season.
OK I'm going to try and jam as much as possible into this post so brace yourself for some montage action...

Let's see... where did I leave off...
Christmas?
It was a great holiday season for us. M1 and M2 were beyond thrilled with their new room. We surprised them with it on Christmas morning. I really have to take a picture of it now that its all decorated.

I've also been doing some new knitting. I've finished two new handspun sweaters so far this year. Here is a little taste of my new look for the Lumpkin line...

I've been using my backdrop from my craft show booth for the background and taking the pictures in the new room which is so bright and perfect.

We got tons of snow here in Pittsburgh and we managed to take a little wintry weekend camping trip with our favorite Ohioans...

Last month was the official start of the birthday season around here...

Right before my birthday this year I gave myself a pep talk about not being disappointed by another lackluster birthday as a grownup. Ha! Sorry but I really missed those parties and presents of my childhood- it still stings after all these adult years. Amazingly I was showered with gifts and love this year! Dunk got me my first serger! Woohoo! Such a surprise. It's a beauty. The girls made some beautiful things at school. M2 made a felted heart and M1 made a quilted sachet card. My parents even came out with a cake for me and a check to put towards my first spinning wheel (any input on which to choose is appreciated)! WHAT?!? That was crazy. Look out- 2010 is the year of the Lumpkin!

M2 turned 6 last weekend and we celebrated yet again! We took her to this crazy toy store and ice skating and ice cream. She loved being spoiled. The celebration at school was magical. She was looking so forward to wearing the rainbow crown and cape. It was beautiful. I made her a little doll bed out of a clementine crate for her special doll along with some new clothing. She was ecstatic!

Well I guess that brings us up to date now. Next week I'll be posting some new Lumpkin items in the shop and on the blog.

Until then...

2 comments:

Devon said...

love those photo montages...
Dunk? Interesting....

Sarah said...

yeah because he's the dad/uncle and wishes to remain anonymous for blog purposes- so i like to think of even more annoying names to call him instead;)